The wonderful Niina from Northern Chapters nominated me for a Liebster Award, like, two months ago. So sorry my reply took this long, but here it is – finally! Thank you so much Niina for nominating me! Do check out her interesting blog. It’s one of my favourites.
Here are the rules for this award:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you
- Make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
- ALL THE NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION
Here are my answers to Niina’s questions:
1. How many books have you read so far this year?
According to my Goodreads, 12, but I think I’ve forgotten some that I’ve read for my thesis. Also, I’m currently reading about five or six books. Why can’t I just read one book at a time?
2. What’s your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Hands down, no doubt about it. I love Christmas almost too much for words. But don’t worry, I won’t be the one forcing you to listen to Christmas carols in October. Unless you want to. Then we should definitely get together next October.
3. If you could only recommend one book, what would it be?
I’m going to say Orlando by Virginia Woolf. I’ve always read a lot of books but Woolf’s novels were one of the first ones to leave me completely out of words. It’s a beautiful novel.
4. Congratulations, you just won the jackpot in a lottery! First thing you do?
Pay off my student loans and save the rest so I could buy my grandparents’ house when they can no longer maintain it.
5. Would you rather go 200 years into the past or into the future and why?
Probably into the past, because I’d love to get to know my relatives and explore the places where they’re from.
6. If you could choose one person (alive or dead), who would you want to meet?
There are so many people I would love to meet! I think it would be cool to meet my great-grandmas.
7. When was the last time you were excited about something?
Today, because I got out of work early and have a five-day holiday for Midsummer! We’re travelling to Eastern Finland to see relatives tomorrow, which is always exciting because we don’t see nearly enough. Let’s hope for nice weather, because we are getting that midnight bonfire lit no matter what!
8. Describe yourself in three words!
Artist, analytical, optimist.
9. At what time of day are you usually most creative?
Whenever I should be doing something else. Kidding (only partly). I think either early in the morning or in the afternoon and evening, especially on holiday when I have time to take a nap. It really boosts my creativity!
10. What’s your next blogging related goal?
I started writing an e-book two days ago! Getting that published in connection with this blog will be my next goal. Also, I’m planning a second blog about being an adult (but keeping your inner child alive), so getting that up and running is also on my to-do list.
I only nominate five blogs for the Liebster Award, mainly because I don’t really know that many blogs yet. I know, my learning curve could use some uphill right about… now. But I’m committed to learning this summer. Anyway, these are the awesome people and blogs I nominate for the award:
Pint Size Fiction: Check out this blog for some pretty fricking awesome short stories.
Keystrokes & Closed Doors: I got to know Shelly’s blog through Instagram. Writers, make sure to take a look!
Blu Chicken Ninja: Really extensive book blog, I really recommend it.
Everything On Paper Is Perfect: Again, a blog I found through Instagram. The blog’s full of inspiring posts for writers.
sundry folly: Beautiful poetry and great photography. Do take a look.
As said in the rules, feel free to accept or decline, especially if you’ve just done this. This is just to let you know that I really enjoy your blog.
Here are my 10 questions for you: